How to apply for PENJANA KERJAYA 2.0 and get more rewards when you hire!
What are refresher tokens?
Refresher tokens boost your job advertisements to the top of WOBB’s job listings, giving it more visibility and more applicants!
This is how you can claim RM50 worth of tokens for FREE!
Step 1: Hire a talent on WOBB.
Step 2: Find and select the position that you just hired on the employer dashboard or head over to ‘MANAGE JOBS‘ to view all your listings easily.
Step 3: Select the candidate that you have just hired.
Step 4: Click on “YES, WE DID” and submit a simple form.
Once your submission is verified, our team will then reach out and give you 2 refresher tokens!
Here’s how you can claim up to RM6000 when you hire with PenjanaKerjaya 2.0
What is PenjanaKerjaya 2.0?
To encourage employers to hire, PERKESO will be rewarding employers up to RM4,000 to RM6,000 for each employee hired! Additional incentives such as mobility assistance and training programmes will also be provided as well.
The new program officially begins from 1 January 2021. Employers may, however, apply for benefits under PenjanaKerjaya 2.0 for employees recruited from 21 December 2020 onwards.
For applications received up to 20 December 2020, the incentives under PenjanaKerjaya 1.0 will be paid according to the previously specified rates.
Who’s eligible to apply?
- Employers from all industries registered with PERKESO; and
- Employers registered with SSM or registered with PERKESO; and other authorities such as ROS, ROC, Local Authorities etc
You do not qualify as an employer if you’re a:
- Privately owned employment agency or Outsourcing/ Contract for Service Agency not acting in the capacity of a principal employer
- Public Sector Worker
- Statutory body
- City Council (Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan)
- Self-employed individual
An employee is not eligible for PenjanaKerjaya 2.0 if:
- They’re an employee who received or is still receiving benefits under PenjanaKerjaya 1.0 (Except for apprentices under PenjanaKerjaya 1.0 who were subsequently hired on a permanent / contract basis under PenjanaKerjaya 2.0.)
- An employee who received or is still receiving benefits under the Wage Subsidy Programme (PSU).
- A practical student who has not yet graduated yet.
- A parent, spouse, sibling or children employed as an employee.
- A non-Malaysian citizen employee.
There are 5 categories of full-time employment that are eligible for the Hiring Incentive Programmes:
For the purpose of reskilling and upskilling of employees. Employers may apply for ONE course from the list of approved courses on behalf of their employee/apprentice.
Exceptions are made for certifications requiring the trainee to complete more than one course/module capped at a maximum rate of RM7,000.
Note: The training providers will be paid directly by PERKESO. All training applications must be submitted through the PenjanaKerjaya portal.
How do I apply?
Step 1: Hire amazing new talent!
Step 2: Prepare these documents for the incentive application.
- Employer’s bank account information (copy of the front page of the Bank Statement with employer’s name, bank account number, and bank’s name)
- Employer’s business registration number verified by the bank (Business Registration Number – BRN)
- Employee Verification Form signed by the employee.
- Employee’s bank account information (copy of the front page of the Bank Statement with employee’s name, bank account number, identity card number, and bank’s name)
- Certificate / Self-declaration by the employer if the employee belongs to the vulnerable group
- Contract of service for the new employee(s) (a copy must be kept as proof)
Step 3: Submit the application on the PenjanaKerjaya portal for each new employee.
- Do ensure that the hired employees are also registered with PERKESO on the ASSIST portal. Unregistered employees will need to register themselves at the said portal within 30 days of reporting to work.
Step 4: If you hire an eligible PenjanaKerjaya 2.0 employee through WOBB, remember to let us know and we’ll reward you with 2 refresher tokens as a small token of appreciation.
How will these incentives be distributed?
Following approval, the first PenjanaKerjaya 2.0 payment will be credited into the employer’s account within 30 days of approval. For the Malaysianization Programme, the 20% incentive will be credited directly to the employee’s account
Employers only need to apply for each newly hired employee once. Subsequent payments (for 6 months) will be done automatically according to the active working status of the employee and subsequent contributions received by PERKESO.
- The deadline for all applications is 30 June 2021.
If employers submit their application on 30 June 2021, they will be paid until December 2021. Under the Apprenticeship Programme, employers will be paid until September 2021.
- Incentives for the subsequent months WILL NOT BE PAID if the employee or the apprentice resigns.
If the employee or the apprentice resigns, the employer must update their information on the ASSIST Portal.
- Employers are NOT ALLOWED to cease the employment of an existing employee and substitute them with an employee that qualifies for the programme.
For further details on PenjanaKerjaya 2.0, you may access the following resources:
Get more rewards when
you hire on WOBB!
Hire Malaysian Talent Effortlessly