Get up to RM1000 per month when you hire with PenjanaKerjaya!
To kick start the economy again, The Hiring Incentive Programme (PENJANA Kerjaya) was introduced under the economic recovery plan.
Here’s how you can make the most of it!
Employers may start applying for the Hiring Incentive Program from 1 July 2020. Any new employees hired under this scheme will need to be registered to ASSIST PERKESO within 30 days from the date of employment.
There are 4 main categories of employees, each with its conditions and incentives:
This applies to employers looking to hire apprentices or trainees. An incentive of RM600 per month up to 6 months is applicable.
This applies to employers who employ local jobseekers aged 40 years and below. An incentive of RM800 per month up to 6 months and training is applicable.
This applies to employers who employ local jobseekers aged 40 years and above. An incentive of RM1000 per month up to 6 months and training is applicable.
4. Hire MalaysiaOKU
This applies to employers who employ local job seekers that are Persons with Disabilities and SOCSO Return to Work Program participants. An incentive of RM1000 per month up to 6 months and training is applicable.
Note: Individuals above the age of 60 years old and those receiving aid under the Employment Retention Program and Wage Subsidy Program are unable to qualify for the Hiring Incentive Programme.
You will not be able to apply for the Hiring Incentive Programme as an employer if you’re a:
- Privately owned employment agency or Outsourcing/ Contract for Service Agency not acting in the capacity of a principal employer
- Public Sector Worker
- Statutory body
- City Council (Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan)
- Self-employed individual
Below are the 7 key conditions for the programme:
- These programs are applicable to employees hired from 15 June 2020.
- Employers must hire local job seekers who have been unemployed for at least 2 months (This does not apply to MYApprentice)
- Both the employer and jobseeker must be registered on the MYFutureJobs portal.
(Remember: Your job listing and hiring can still be done on other websites like WOBB!)
- The employer must register the newly hired employee on ASSIST PERKESO and fulfil the contributions to SOCSO and SIP (Sistem insurance Pekerjaan).
- Employers are not allowed to cease the employment of an existing employee and substitute them with an employee that qualifies for the programme.
- Employers must offer a term of employment of at least 1 year. (This does not apply to MYApprentice)
- Participating employers must be registered with SOCSO and SSM/ROS/ROB/Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan (PBT) or any relevant authorities before 1 June 2020.
In addition to the incentives above, PENJANA is also providing Mobility Assistance and Training Programmes for these newly hired employees.
Employees who need to relocate over a distance of 100km following an employment under the Hiring Incentive Program are entitled to the assistance of RM600.
In the event the relocation involves a move between Sabah and Sarawak or between Peninsular and Semenanjung Malaysia, the employee is entitled to the assistance of RM1000.
A one-off payment will be made to the newly eligible employee via their employer.
For the purpose of reskilling and upskilling of employees. Employers may choose courses from the list of approved courses for their newly hired employees (excluding those under the MYApprentice program), capped at RM4000 under the Hiring Incentive Program.
The training under this programme is implemented in collaboration with the Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF).
How will these incentives be distributed?
Following approval, the incentives will be disbursed in the subsequent month after the employee’s SOCSO contributions are paid together with the mobility allowances, which are paid to the employees via their employers.
Employers only need to apply for each newly hired employee once. Subsequent payments (for 6 months) will be done automatically according to the active working status of the employee and subsequent contributions received by SOCSO. The last day for applications is 31 December 2020.
For further details on PenjanaKerjaya, you may access the following resources:
Were you affected by COVID-19?
Let WOBB help you!
Job SeekersSwitch on the “Let Employers Find Me” button and be discovered by employers easily!
EmployersFREE access to CVs of active candidates for all employers with an active account on WOBB.
Hire Malaysian Talent Effortlessly