“I’ve always loved fashion, I knew that I wanted to make more money, eat better food and buy nicer things without asking for more money from my dad. I was studying in Melbourne, and I thought to myself – if I waited until graduation to get a job, wouldn’t that be just too late?”
About the episode
Jenn Low shares candid stories and lessons from working part-time to ideating Wanderlust + Co from her bedroom in Melbourne.
She also gives her take on compassionate leadership and the role of grit and luck in achieving success.
Fashion-lovers, this episode’s for you. Jenn takes listeners behind the scenes of the fashion accessories industry and what it takes to start a fashion business with staying power.
Getting to know Jenn Low
Jenn Low (@jennlow.wco on Instagram) launched Wanderlust + Co (@wanderlustandco on Instagram) in 2010. Today, Wanderlust + Co Jewels has customers from over 140 countries. Wanderlust + Co jewellery has been sported by the likes of Jessica Alba, Bella Hadid, and Khloe Kardashian.
“I’m personally really passionate about the symbolism of jewellery and how it fits into the modern woman’s everyday life.”
Inspired by Wanderlust + Co’s devoted and stylish customers, #WCOgirlgang, Jenn plans to continue creating jewellery with care.
List of books mentioned in this episode:
- The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- On Managing Yourself (HBR’s 10 Must Reads) by Harvard Business Review
- On Emotional Intelligence (HBR’s 10 Must Reads) by Harvard Business Review
- Do Design: Why Beauty is Key to Everything by Alan Moore
- Do Purpose: Why Brands with a Purpose Do Better and Matter More by David Hieatt
- The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down by Haemin Sunim